Solved! --completed system freeze

mdg1618

Hello Conti,

Yes, I know that my system was a little “screwed up†before, but I did perform a clean install and did try to install the Extras folder you provided me through MyHack’s “Install extrasâ€.

I do not know why I am still having trouble installing updates on Snow Leopard. I recently went through my complete BIOS setup again and made yet another fresh install. I was able to install Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with sound and Internet, but when I tried to install 10.6.8, so that I can finally install Mountain Lion I got this message:

“com_chucko_RealktekR1000 : Ethernet address 6c:f0:49:e4.d4:xx

** Device in slot : SLOT –1 **â€

After I make an updated, am I supposed to run “My Fix†thereafter or any other task or can I just reboot my system and see if problems arise and then address them?

I have been dealing with this matter for over two weeks now and do not see a quick solution to my problem as of yet. Any assistance from anybody would be of great service.

Regards,

Mdg1618

Steps taking to solve my upgrade problem:

1. Installed myHack

2. Made a 10.6 installer USB through myHack

3. Installed 10.6.7 (Maybe not needed, but I installed 10.6.2 first got my sound and Internet connection to work then installed 10.6.6 and finally installed 10.6.7)

4. I then went to /System/Library/Extensions (S/L/E) and copied all the 10.6.7 ATI kexts and placed them in a folder on my desktop

5. I upgraded to 10.6.8 and did not reset after upgrade was finished

6. I went back to /System/Library/Extensions (S/L/E) and deleted all the 10.6.8 ATI kext

7. I then copied all my 10.6.7 ATI kext from the folder on my desktop and placed them in to /System/Library/Extensions (S/L/E)

8. I placed my myHack USB 10.6 installer back in my computer’s USB slot and restarted my computer

9. During the boot screen I pressed F12 (Gigabyte Motherboard) to select my USB for the boot device

10. Once in myHack I installed “My own Extras†(you can choose “Use Generic One†if you do not have your own), then I ran “Run myFixâ€, “Install Chameleonâ€, “Install myHack Utilities†and then “Remove Problematic Extensionsâ€

11. I restarted my system and finally had 10.6.8 working on my system.

Happy Hacking

mdg1618