Lord Kamina

Lord Kamina

Ugh... I hate introductions.

Anyway, I'm from Santiago, Chile and am running my first ever hackintosh:

(Formerly Foxconn G41MD, currently) Asus P5G41T-M LX PLUS), an Intel E7400, overclocked at 3.37GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM an XFX Radeon HD-5570 and a few fossils: A Pioneer DVR-110D DVD/RW and an 80 GB PATA disk (which I don't use as main but I can't believe it still works so well)

What got me into this? Bit of a long story. my brother got his first 386 way back in 1993, when I was still learning to read. As a result of this, I grew on the right side of the technological breach and have been using computers since being a kid. I've assembled quite a few computers and if you'd asked me 10 years ago, I would have never touched a mac.

After a stint of Overclocking idiocy and hopping between Intel/AMD architectures, all the while losing interest in PC gaming and having less money, we eventually ended up with a dump of a computer. After two or three atrocious upgrades (think my current Core2Duo running with DDR400 RAM) and compatibility woes, my brother said "Oh fuck this" and got an Intel Macbook in 2006. A year later came the iPhone... and from then on, we just hopped over into the dark side. All this while, we still had this atrocious PC running (we used it as a server in our home network) and generally raining on our party, what with awful networking and 32-bits and stuff. One day, *something* broke in that setup and when we realized we needed a new motherboard (because we had one with DDR1 and AGP4x), I began looking at the cheapest ways to get it running again and then said... "Well, hey... how about we try a hackintosh? That way finally everything will work nicely together" and here we are.

I'm 25 years old, I'm not an expert but I definitely know my stuff computing-wise. I know a bit of HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, and a few other things. Mostly though, I do all these things as a hobby because I am a doctor; not an engineer, god damn it. I've been around since games came in six floppies, "RAR 3.0" was just a trojan and ARJ was something people actually used.

Oh, and I can translate stuff. My first tongue is Spanish, so there's that.