Timothy from USA

UnixKing

-Where you are from/where you live.

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

-Your general computer skill level.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

Hi! My name is Timothy and i am from the United States of America

I used a hackint0sh for about 3 weeks (from Mid to end of August)

My experience with hackint0sh was faily stressful. i had to do countless copying of 4.7gb files on a slow system. Each transfer took about half an hour. The first installation method I tried was with Leohazard. I believe that was for OSX version 10.6.x. I was able to get a system up and running but with the exception of my graphics card. I couldn't get a 1920x1080p resolution. My second attempt was with tony mac's method. Once again, I had countless failures and spent several days trying to resolve my problems. Apprantely, the Radeon 5450 card was a crappy one and no one supported or tested it. Finally, I came across myhack. I had a successful installation within the FIRST installation. I was very happy that I didn't have to go through all the stress. I was able to go from 10.6 to 10.7 to 10.8 FLAWLESSlY. Here I am now, writing this post :)

All my friends had macs and i know that macs generally perform better than Windows. I love that it is Unix based so coming from a Linux background, I fit in perfectly. I also Love the software apple had. I am a big fan of the dock too. I love the theme apple has.

I have a pretty strong understanding on computers, how they work and even how to write software. At the moment, I'm reading a book on python with qt. I plan to major in comp sci too.

Thank You for reading my introduction! You have my support Conti!