Patrick

PattaFeuFeu

-Where you are from/where you live.

-- Dinslaken, North-Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

-- I have been using Leopard and Snow Leopard installed via oh-so-bad distros for two years. At the beginning, most of my computer’s features worked but after a while, kernel panics increased. I recently purchased a new mainboard for my old system to finally get an intel chipset board and try to start hackint0shing from scratch.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

-- As explained before, not too much. Just adding kexts on top of each other leading to failure. Thus, I’m trying to get a deeper knowledge of how certain problems can be solved better.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

-- About two years ago, I bought my first MacBook Pro. After not even two weeks I didn’t want to go back to Windows or Linux yet didn’t want to sell/trash my desktop computer.

-Your general computer skill level.

-- A bit above average but there’s still much to learn.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

-- Basic knowledge in PHP, basic but increasing knowledge in Java (university), used Windows from 3.1 to Vista for several years, made a few Linux experiences with SuSE and Ubuntu. Recently, I became interested in using LaTeX for longer text documents so I don’t mind putting a bit more effort into something if the result is above acceptable.

---

My system:

Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz

4 GB DDR2 RAM

Asus P5Q-E (Intel P45 / ICH10)

Gainward GeForce 8800GTX – 768MB