Extensions.mkext in Lion....

robi62

Hi guys i know that in theory there is no Extensions.mkext in Lion but in my case there is is that good or bad????

I have created cos I always use this method when repairing my disk from Snowleopard someone posted it once and I always use it

Permissions & KEXT Caches

One of the most common problems with Snow Leopard on PC’s is incorrect permissions and improperly built kext caches. While it may not always be necessary it is a good idea to correct permissions and rebuild kext caches anytime you modify your extensions or install software which adds new kexts to your system.

change SNOW1 to the name of your Snow leopard partition

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To do this manually open a terminal and enter the following commands:

$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/Lion22/System/Library/Extensions

$ sudo find /Volumes/Lion22/System/Library/Extensions -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

$ sudo find /Volumes/Lion22/System/Library/Extensions -type f -exec chmod 755 {} \;

$ sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Lion22/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Lion22/System/Library/Extensions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't use a Extra folder…so I would just run the above 3 commands...

You may also need to repair the permissions on your “Extra†folder:

$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/SNOW1/Extra

$ sudo find /Volumes/SNOW1/Extra -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

$ sudo find /Volumes/SNOW1/Extra -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

$ sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/SNOW1/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/SNOW1/Extra/Extensions

Let me know your thought

PS forgot to tell you both extension.mkext from extra and from System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

load up making boot really quick