Ext. Family 6 Ext. Model: f Revision: M0

Instructions: SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EM64T VMX

Clocks (Core #0)

Core Speed 1333 MHz

Multiplier x10.0

Bus Speed 133 MHz

Rated FSB 532 MHz

Cores: 1 Threads: 2

So, it checks as a Core 2 Duo, but ONLY ONE CORE... Although this explains why Garage Band doesn't let me see the learning videos. However, the BIOS can see the two cores... What am I missing?

Bad news, my friend... I flashed A09 BIOS in the D430, and fired it up again (with no problems at all). But the Leopard installation still reports only one processor core (strangely, it correctly reports two threads). Maybe if I apply a patch? I would hate to reinstall the entire thing, I already have it with iLife'09 and OpenOffice 3... :P

Laugh with me, dude! Digging on my com.apple.Boot.plist file, I detected the following boot flag:

cpus=1

WRONG! And I'm not sure why it was there! I removed it, and now Leopard naturally reports BOTH cores. D'oh... :lol:

Now I'm going to try the videos from YouTube and stuff... Maybe the sluggishness was due to being a V-8 engine working with just four cylinders... :D

I'll let you know!

One other interesting thing that I'm seeing right now... When the boot had the "cpus=1" flag, despite not being able to run both cores, the graphics were quite fast (not with streaming video, but in the screen saver, for example). Now, using both cores... the screen saver is literally drawing itself screen-by-screen at a time! Why would that be? Both cores means twice the processor power...