Finalising D630 X3100 ML install - help?

muranb

For the most part, the guide is workable. There are certain parts that leave the uninformed user (ie the type of person who frequents this forum in search of information and assistance from those in the know) to make assumptions.

I don't know your nationality but perhaps it's a language issue? Maybe this is also the reason you come across so unnecessarily insulting in your post - or maybe this was intentional?

The settings shown in your screenshot for CW are entirely different to the settings that are populated on starting the program. If I saved the file after simply ensuring the 32 bit flag is checked as instructed, surely this is going to make unwanted changes elsewhere in the boot plist provided in the pack? Surely you can't object to me wishing to clarify what I should do here given the conflicting information? Wrong, you clearly have and for reasons unknown.

I had missed the 'save' option and wrongly assumed I needed to run the installer to affect the changes. A simple pointer here without the patronisation would have sufficed.

I would imagine that had your guide post been left open for contribution it would have attracted a lot of comments seeking clarification of the process. I don't think it's as 'idiot-proof' as you would like to believe!

As an admin, I'm quite shocked at your approach here - unless I have grossly misinterpreted your responses and you are in fact not as irritated by my seeking assistance as your posts imply.