GA-Z97X-UD5H i5-4460 Clover Yosemite - Kernel Panic "Unable to find diver for this platform: \"ACPI\"

ronluna

I corrected your config.plist. This one is full of "crap". You use the config.plist of another user that you modified with Clover Configurator ?

It is a useful tool, but always look inside the generated plist ;). Look at your old one, you've got I don't know how many things inside the plist for DSDT patching that remain active. It can cause issues.

Try this one (it has minimum DSDT patch, HPET, DTGP, MCHC and darwin). If it works, we will have a look later at USB & others. Note that I think it's better to edit its DSDT & SSDT, but to begin, why not use Clover for that.

config.plist.zip

I corrected your config.plist. This one is full of "crap". You use the config.plist of another user that you modified with Clover Configurator ?

It is a useful tool, but always look inside the generated plist ;). Look at your old one, you've got I don't know how many things inside the plist for DSDT patching that remain active. It can cause issues.

Try this one (it has minimum DSDT patch, HPET, DTGP, MCHC and darwin). If it works, we will have a look later at USB & others. Note that I think it's better to edit it DSDT & SSDT, but to begin, why not use Clover for that.

THANK YOU SOOOOO FREAKING MUCH!!!!!!!!

This one worked!!! I'm in the installation screen.... 

I will install it and come back with my findings.....

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Something estrange is happening...

- Clover booth from the USB EFI partition just fine 

- It enters into the Yosemite installation process. (I was able to select, format the drive and start the installation process)

- The installation process finished but it took a very long time to reboot...

- After reboot the EUFI BIOS Couldnt't find the EFI Partition in the USB Drive where clover is...so I had to reset the UEFI BIOS by pressing the Clear CMOS Button on the mobo (Resetting to default setting didn't work)

- After clearing the CMOS now the mobo can see the USB EFI Parition but apparently Yosemite never got installed on the Hard drive. I had to remove the hard drive and plug it into a different computer to realize that the was only one folder called "OS X Install Data" with a few files there but no OS seems to ever got installed on the dirve.

Could this behavior be due to the fact that config.plist in clover has minimum DSDT patches? 

Try this one (it has minimum DSDT patch, HPET, DTGP, MCHC and darwin). If it works, we will have a look later at USB & others. Note that I think it's better to edit its DSDT & SSDT, but to begin, why not use Clover for that.

Hi.

Your installation is not finished. Yosemite is in 2 time, first copy files to disk (OS X Install Data) and after, the real installation. So after the reboot, reboot on your Clover usb key (that might be your OS X insulation key) and chose again OS X install (please, look at all the "disks" presented by Clover at this time, you will find the right one :)). I'm sorry, my laptop is on RMA, so I cannot do the test again. I will do that when it come back.

So, no, your issue is not linked to the DSDT patching. And yes, It occurs sometimes also to me that during reboot, Laptop don't see correctly the USB key :P. No need to clean your CMOS, just stop and reboot your computer. Note that I never have the issue with hard disk on SATA, so it might be some USB detection issue.

On gigabyte card, how do you force UEFI to boot to one device, when you configured that the default boot is on hard drive? On ASUS, just need to press "ESC" to decide what will be my boot drive (Hard disk, USB etc...)

How did you create your OS X install key ? 

P.S.: system take a very long time to reboot because certainly some USB patch need to be done, and you're in USB for installation. Also, this USB garbage can remain after the reboot (so sometimes, you don't see the USB key...). A clean stop and start the laptop clean that.

Well, You were right once again!!!!! :mrgreen:

I tried doing the wholes process again and this time everything went as planned!!!!! Hurray....

I have installed Clover on the Hard Drive EFI Partition and everything is working great. 

No need to have the USB Stick in anymore....

USB 3 seems to be recognized by default on the system report.

Now I'm trying to get the 2 NIC:

1 x Qualcomm® Atheros Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN1)

1 x Intel® GbE LAN phy (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)

And Sound card

Realtek® ALC1150 codec

Not sure if there a way to inject this 2 without using any special kexts 

Intel HD 4600 is working but kinda weird I have record a quick video to show how is behaving here

Wondering what could it be?

Hi.

Your installation is not finished. Yosemite is in 2 time, first copy files to disk (OS X Install Data) and after, the real installation. So after the reboot, reboot on your Clover usb key (that might be your OS X insulation key) and chose again OS X install (please, look at all the "disks" presented by Clover at this time, you will find the right one :)). I'm sorry, my laptop is on RMA, so I cannot do the test again. I will do that when it come back.

So, no, your issue is not linked to the DSDT patching. And yes, It occurs sometimes also to me that during reboot, Laptop don't see correctly the USB key :P. No need to clean your CMOS, just stop and reboot your computer. Note that I never have the issue with hard disk on SATA, so it might be some USB detection issue.

On gigabyte card, how do you force UEFI to boot to one device, when you configured that the default boot is on hard drive? On ASUS, just need to press "ESC" to decide what will be my boot drive (Hard disk, USB etc...)

How did you create your OS X install key ? 

P.S.: system take a very long time to reboot because certainly some USB patch need to be done, and you're in USB for installation. Also, this USB garbage can remain after the reboot (so sometimes, you don't see the USB key...). A clean stop and start the laptop clean that.

Hi.

For video, we will see later. At present time, I'm sure that you don't have QE/CI. Go to system, and check the video card. I'm sure it will say that you have 7 MB of VRAM => means that frame buffer is here, but not HD5000 driver. It will be some work to have a desktop HD4600 works... Look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/. You can use Clover for that, inject fake ID in the & also patch the kext, have a look here https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/experimental-bin-patch-for-hd4600-mobile-gt2/. You will have to adapt a bit, as you've got a desktop HD4600, not a mobile one. However, I'm sure some people discuss about that somewhere inside these threads.

For audio, for a first try, go with VoodooHDA. It will be the easier way. There is an install  package at InsanelyMac http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/324-voodoohda/. VoodooHDA don't work if you have it inside Clover folder kext, so please, install it in S/L/E. And reboot your cache. (with Kext Utility that works very well). You can have a try later on Apple HDA patching http://www.tonycrapx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

For USB3, for sure it will work first. But did you check if USB2 works after sleep ?

For you LAN, you will have to install some additional Kext.  No way with DSDT.

Qualcomm® Atheros Killer E2201 is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300056-solution-for-qualcomm-atheros-ar816x-ar817x-and-killer-e220x/. Again, install it in S/L/E

Intel® GbE LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/219114-intele1000e-kext-82566mm-82577lm-etc/, in S/L/E

In general, do not install anything in Clover kext folders after install (if you want to do test, go with a clover usb stick). Please, install all in S/L/E.

Note to moderators : I hope there is no issue to crosslink to other forums ?

All USB ports seems to work after wake. :)

Installed your suggested kexts and got the network cards up and running.

voodooHDA was not working for me so I had to patch appleHDA. thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

The video card seems to be working ok but not perfect for the following reason:

-The system seems stable. but the moment the video cable is unplug the system will crash.

-When booting with 2 or more video connection to the graphics ports (VGA, HDMI, VGA) the system will reboot

-If the computer connect to an airplay display, it will connect but the image is not perfect (kinda shaky) and when trying to disconnect fro the apple display it won't

I have attached a copy of the config.plist I'm currently using with some of your suggestions here

Is there something different I could try to fix the video problem?

Hi.

For video, we will see later. At present time, I'm sure that you don't have QE/CI. Go to system, and check the video card. I'm sure it will say that you have 7 MB of VRAM => means that frame buffer is here, but not HD5000 driver. It will be some work to have a desktop HD4600 works... Look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/. You can use Clover for that, inject fake ID in the & also patch the kext, have a look here https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/experimental-bin-patch-for-hd4600-mobile-gt2/. You will have to adapt a bit, as you've got a desktop HD4600, not a mobile one. However, I'm sure some people discuss about that somewhere inside these threads.

For audio, for a first try, go with VoodooHDA. It will be the easier way. There is an install  package at InsanelyMac http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/324-voodoohda/. VoodooHDA don't work if you have it inside Clover folder kext, so please, install it in S/L/E. And reboot your cache. (with Kext Utility that works very well). You can have a try later on Apple HDA patching http://www.tonycrapx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

For USB3, for sure it will work first. But did you check if USB2 works after sleep ?

For you LAN, you will have to install some additional Kext.  No way with DSDT.

Qualcomm® Atheros Killer E2201 is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300056-solution-for-qualcomm-atheros-ar816x-ar817x-and-killer-e220x/. Again, install it in S/L/E

Intel® GbE LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/219114-intele1000e-kext-82566mm-82577lm-etc/, in S/L/E

In general, do not install anything in Clover kext folders after install (if you want to do test, go with a clover usb stick). Please, install all in S/L/E.

Note to moderators : I hope there is no issue to crosslink to other forums ?

You can try other Frame buffer values. 0x0a160000 for example. Look about what Pike explains about that. Depending of Frame buffer values, your display ports are no the same. There is a script also to patch Frame buffer and learn a bit more (https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/appleintelframebufferazul-sh-v3-0-beta/). And note. There is no VGA port on Mac...

For me, the 0x0a160000 is the one closer to what we have on mobile (with a display port). Up to you to find the best one for you with Desktop Haswell. Please, do a special Clover USB key to do your test (and so modify config.plist).

For Haswell (I copy the information from InsanelyMac) & adapt (check where is  0x0a160000 here ;))

{ 0x00,0x00,0x06,0x04 }, // 0 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - mobile GT1

{ 0x00,0x00,0x06,0x0c }, // 1 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - SDV mobile GT1

{ 0x00,0x00,0x16,0x04 }, // 2 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - mobile GT2

{ 0x00,0x00,0x16,0x0a }, // 3 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT2

{ 0x00,0x00,0x16,0x0c }, // 4 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - SDV mobile GT2

{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x04 }, // 5 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - mobile GT3

{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x0a }, // 6 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3

{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x0c }, // 7 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - SDV mobile GT3

{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x0d }, // 8 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - CRW mobile GT3

{ 0x02,0x00,0x16,0x04 }, // 9 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 1, Ports: 1, FBMem: 1 - mobile GT2

{ 0x03,0x00,0x22,0x0d }, // 10 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 0MB, Pipes: 0, Ports: 0, FBMem: 0 - CRW Desktop GT3

{ 0x05,0x00,0x26,0x0a }, // 11 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 32MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3

{ 0x06,0x00,0x26,0x0a }, // 12 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 32MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3

{ 0x07,0x00,0x26,0x0d }, // 13 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 4, FBMem: 3 - CRW mobile GT3

{ 0x08,0x00,0x26,0x0a }, // 14 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3

{ 0x08,0x00,0x2e,0x0a }, // 15 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT reserved GT3