Dell Precision Workstation T5400 - "Still waiting for root device"

Dominik

• Administrators

Ok Goran, here are a few quick comments.

1) as expected, the DSDT uses a default PCI root value of 4; that's a pretty common thing on Dell workstations/high-end PCs:

Device (PCI0)
       {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
            Name (_UID, 0x04)
            Name (_ADR, Zero)

The _UID can usually safely be changed from 0x04 to Zero (or 0x00); that'll allow to boot Chameleon with its default PCI root value and avoid the need to specify boot option PciRoot=4. This is very important to get things like graphics cards working properly.

2) your IOReg output shows an AMD Radeon HD 6950 (device id 0x6719, vendor id AMD 0x1002) under PCI2@5. This means that if you need to inject cards properties in your DSDT, you'll have to do it under/within Device (PCI2) at address 0x00050000. You can consult RampageDev's blog for details on that particular part but basically, you'd need to add a Device (GFX0) section with full _DSM method to describe the required info using data available in the IOReg. It seems that personality is Lotus (a name that suits me fine... but for cars!).

• Like 1

I try many ways with flags and nothing, the best that I have is white screen, or with -x I can boot in safe boot mode. Can you tell me  what is  the goog DSDT editor  for Yosemite  ( I dont have Java). I tryin do edit DSDT with MacIasl but cant.

Thanks,
Goran