Dell Workstation T5500 OSX install nuub

arthurf3902

@hirion hirion and arthurf3902

@arthurf3902 

I also have a T5500 with:

• 1x E5620
  • 4GB DDR3
  • AMD 6850 1GB

Been trying to install Yosemite which hasn't been as successful as mavericks to install. 

Just wondering how either of you's two installed Yosemite? and if you could point me in the right direction.

Tried using Clover but Yosemite seems it can detect my HDDs in either ACHI or ATA mode.

Install : ( Chameleon method + Use Kernel Cashe=No)

Mavericks:

I have updated to 10.9.5 successfully, only I have to rollback  SAS drivers from 10.9.1. Apple has changed in 10.9.2 and it was the problem of "still waiting for root device". (AppleACPIPlatform.kext - AppleAHCIPort.kext - IOAHCIFamily.kext- IOPCIFamily.kext. These must be overwritten)

Yosemite:

I installed Yosemite, copied 10.9.1 AHCI kexts, but the mouse and the keyboard didn't work, so I copied the USB kexts (5 pieces) from Mavericks. Works this way.

But: I cant update it 10.10.1, because then I cannot run it.

Have found out, in the meantime, that MyHack 3.3.1 has worked for me in the case of an older machine (Gigabyte C2D-build) !

Am so happy that I've finally gotten some positive feed-back !

I was starting to feel incredible inadequate, but ... now ... at last ... it's happened.

Now I'll have the courage again to proceed with my master-build ... being this DEYou'll hear from me again soon!

Kind Regards, Arthur