Dell Precision M4700 with AMD 4000M

vindio1973

• Moderators

I think in this model, it's call Switchable Graphics. AMD 4000m is not supported so you'll need to use HD4000. A DSDT can disable the AMD, but you need to have Switchable Graphics Enabled.

Can you export all the SSDT/DSDT? Need to check the SSDT that has the info to disable the AMD graphics.

Hi Jake. I send a .rar with everything you 've asked me . Inside you have a pdf with a screenshot , you see that I have to draw several SSDT . I sent you the top at all. A13 have the BIOS and I can not select graphic . It must be done as you say, from the SDTE . A greeting.

4700 files.rar

• Moderators

You never mentioned the display resolution I asked for, but based on the screen capture it looks to be 1366x768.  Your CPU is i7-3720qm not i7-3730qm, must be a typo on your part. The system specs look very much like my E6430 with Optimus Nvs5200M.

You can use the boot file from here for E6x30 but replace DSDT with this attached.

Not sure you're going with Chameleon or Clover, but if Chameleon, you can use my guide here.

Good Luck!

dsdt.aml.zip

• Moderators

No, that's just the last version of Chameleon I was using, you could use the latest if you prefer.

Yes, remove all and only use the one I sent. The others are for other models as it's describe in the guide.