Dual Booting Success, Win7 and OSX SL

Andy

Finally got it up and running. I will write a detail guide shortly. But here is the quick and dirty.

1. It is much easier that you can imagine. Using a hybrid of what I learned from here and tonycrapx86, the following does not require any typing in the terminal.

2. Install OSX SL as wiki states. If this is a new install, in diskutil choose 2 partitions for volume scheme. Format 1st as mac os Extended Journaled , name it Snow Leopard. If this is an existing install, in diskutil , simply grab the bottom right corner and move it up. Choose 2 partitions, and name the bottom partition Windows, MS-DOS ( FAT).

3. Insert win7 DVD and install on windows partition. Now win7 will act as if it was the only OS.

4. Next, boot by usb pen or iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), here you should see three icons to choose from, USB_Pen/iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), Snow Leopard, Windows NTFS. Boot into OSX. Download the latest standalone chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), and install it on Snow Leopard.

5. Shut down, remove USB pen, or iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD. Turn on, as soon as you see the Snow Leopard , hit any key. Now you should have two icons, Snow Leopard and Windows to choose from.

Go ahead and try it, remember to back up your data first. I would suggest to try it on a spare hard drive first before using your main drive.

Good luck.