Two questions

nepenthe

Now that I have my hardware, I am ready for the next step, but I have two questions first.

1.  Should I wait now for the El Capitan roll out?

2.  The last time I did do an install was a couple years back on my Latiude laptop, with no luck. I couldn't get the laptop to boot, it only booted to a black screen.  I created my USB stick from my actual non hackintosh Mac Pro desktop.  When the system didn't boot, I then created it from my other Mac Pro, and when it didn't boot again I tried from my Mac Book.  The only reason I bring this up, is because later when it came time to update, or upgrade, not sure which, my existing sytems they all failed to update and then wouldn't boot.  I had to take all three computers to Apple store to have them rebuilt.  Did I do something wrong when building the USB Stick that over wrote the system file?  I realize it has been a while and should have ask then, but I am afraid of making that same mistake now that I finally ready to take this to the next step.

Thanks for any help.

Nepenthe

Ok, so I am ready to try again and I don't want to make this mistake again.  How could I have  made this mistake? I thought then, I double check everything, but obviously I didn't.

In the install steps, at what step would I have done this?

Thanks again