Lenovo X201 docking station DisplayPort

kropla

Hello, 

I've got working Mavericks on my Lenovo X201 (more precisely, lower half of X201 and upper half of X200, hail the cheap upgrades using scrap parts) with Intel Core i5-520m.

From what I understand since 10.8.2 it's not really possible to get VGA port working (I managed to get most of the screen displayed by changing the boot display in BIOS, but it ain't really usable solution). But my docking station (that Ultrabay X200 one) has this little DisplayPort connector next to VGA one. Any chances that this one will work? I'd like to ask before I start trying because it's kind of exotic connector for me and I don't even have any cable at hand;)

Can you please clarify "lower half of X201 and upper half of X200". I have a X200 with docking station and was trying to see if it is possible to install OS X and what version.

And as for DisplayPort, as long as it carries Audio (all don't), you can buy DisplayPort-->HDMI adapter cable dirt cheap. If you need to purchase, PM me and I will provide link. I purchased one for my Latitude e6500 and works like a charm.