MyHack, i don't find OS X lion in the choices

Sfizio78

Hello, i'm trying to install Lion on my Dell D630 with invidia grafic card.

By the virtual machine (lion) installed on my desktop Windows PC I created a USB install Lion key following the istruction in this page: http://www.osxlatitude.com/lion/

All works good until the step 2

When i Boot my d630 from USB myHack start and I see the MyHack logo, i pres any key to go to the choice menù, but I have only 2 windows logo icon "Reserved for the sistem" and "windows NTFS" the is not the OS X icon.

I write down here what i did step by step it's sure I make a mistake

In the virtual lion machine I plug the USB Key then by disk utility made only one partition (16GB) and I'm sure the GUID is enable for the format in Mac OSX Extendet.

I run MyHack, i entered the password and when he asked me for the installation type I Select "Create OS X 10.7 install disk".

Then I select the “USB install Lion†Key and asfer I select the InstallESD.dmg

Then I select the extra folder I donloaded from osxlatitude.com specific for the D630.

Then i recive the message "Work is finish, You can restart your PC", i dont restard the virtual machine, I quit the prigram and smont the USB Key.

Put the USB Intsall Lion Key in the laptop Dell D630, power on and pres F12 to enter the choice boot menu, select USB and I arrive o myHack software, but I can choice only 2 windows lOGO.

can you help me ? where i wrong ?

Hello, i'm trying to install Lion on my Dell D630 with invidia grafic card.

By the virtual machine (lion) installed on my desktop Windows PC I created a USB install Lion key following the istruction in this page: http://www.osxlatitude.com/lion/

All works good until the step 2

When i Boot my d630 from USB myHack start and I see the MyHack logo, i pres any key to go to the choice menù, but I have only 2 windows logo icon "Reserved for the sistem" and "windows NTFS" the is not the OS X icon.

I write down here what i did step by step it's sure I make a mistake

In the virtual lion machine I plug the USB Key then by disk utility made only one partition (16GB) and I'm sure the GUID is enable for the format in Mac OSX Extendet.

I run MyHack, i entered the password and when he asked me for the installation type I Select "Create OS X 10.7 install disk".

Then I select the “USB install Lion†Key and asfer I select the InstallESD.dmg

Then I select the extra folder I donloaded from osxlatitude.com specific for the D630.

Then i recive the message "Work is finish, You can restart your PC", i dont restard the virtual machine, I quit the prigram and smont the USB Key.

Put the USB Intsall Lion Key in the laptop Dell D630, power on and pres F12 to enter the choice boot menu, select USB and I arrive o myHack software, but I can choice only 2 windows lOGO.

can you help me ? where i wrong ?

When I made my USB Lion drive, I selected MAC OS Extended Journaled . Also make sure you select the Laptop support in Myhack. I noticed that whatever you name the USB drive, Myhack will rename it to myHAck OS install or something like that. After my hack is finished, you can add the EDP , boot pack , and even the 10.7.2 update to USB drive.

Hope this helps.

When I made my USB Lion drive, I selected MAC OS Extended Journaled . Also make sure you select the Laptop support in Myhack. I noticed that whatever you name the USB drive, Myhack will rename it to myHAck OS install or something like that. After my hack is finished, you can add the EDP , boot pack , and even the 10.7.2 update to USB drive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help Andy,

I don't understand where I can set MyHack for laptop.

Olso i have a noob questions, maybe my mistake is previous the USB stick creation.

In my Dell d630 i have installed only Win7 I haven't Snow leopard, can I install Lion directly without installing before snow leopard ?

To create a USB stick lion installation I use a Lion in virtual machine by VMware in my Desktop PC, can I use it ?

If I bought lion in the apple store (23 euros) it'ok for full installation or is ok only for upgrade from snow leopard to lion ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

daniele

P.S.

Can you link me the link for the wiki ? If I clik on the link wiki in the top i return in the home page...

Thanks for your help Andy,

I don't understand where I can set MyHack for laptop.

Olso i have a noob questions, maybe my mistake is previous the USB stick creation.

In my Dell d630 i have installed only Win7 I haven't Snow leopard, can I install Lion directly without installing before snow leopard ?

To create a USB stick lion installation I use a Lion in virtual machine by VMware in my Desktop PC, can I use it ?

If I bought lion in the apple store (23 euros) it'ok for full installation or is ok only for upgrade from snow leopard to lion ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

daniele

P.S.

Can you link me the link for the wiki ? If I clik on the link wiki in the top i return in the home page...

wiki=Homepage=osxlatitude.com

I believe there is no upgrade, you have to do a new build. You can also try the unifail from tonycrap site. I have used both and they do about the same. As far as using VM to do your USB, I can not tell you. I do not have that much experience myself.