I'd like to ask for help regarding post installation patching of Dell Inspiron Gaming 7577.
Hardware: Intel Core i5-7300HQ, Nvidia GTX 1060 Max-Q, Crucial MX500 SATA SSD (dual booting Windows 10 and MacOS from the same drive), 8GB RAM, 1920x1080 screen.
I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.3 on third partition (after Windows' EFI/ESP and Windows 10 OS partition) using https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/10389-help-dell-inspiron-15-7577/?tab=comments#comment-85984 and latest Rehabman's Clover, then installed Clover and the same files into ESP partition. Most topics I've found regard installation only.
What's working: system, audio, integrated display, backlight dimming, keyboard, touchpad (poorly), USB 2.0 devices
What's not working:
- wifi: it's obvious as I have not yet replaced the stock card. Currently I'm using WIFI USB dongle or Android phone with HoRNDIS (until I buy new card, but it's not going to be easy to get it in Poland)
- sleep: when I'm clicking "sleep" in macos, the screen goes black but keyboard is still lit, so obviously the laptop is not asleep
- USB 3 devices: when I plug in my USB 3 pendrive it doesn't get mounted. It's formatted in MBR exFAT (but was in GPT HFS+J before and didn't work either, it is not visible in Disk Utility under all devices either)
- HDMI/Thunderbolt: I know that this laptop's HDMI port is connected to dGPU which is/should be disabled, however I need to use external display. I have read that USB C to HDMI adapter could work somehow, so could you maybe suggest what kind of adapter should I buy? I currently have no Thunderbolt device so I don't know if it works or not. Bought USB-C to HDMI adapter (Thunderbolt compatible) and it works without any further patches etc.
- Battery life: It is poor, apparently under 3 hours (on Windows I get around 6). I don't exactly know the reason as I can see that I have ACPI/patched/SSDT-DDGPU.aml in Clover so I suppose it's not the dGPU's fault.
- Touchpad: Is kinda poor. Currently it's working thanks to VoodooPS2 kext but this implementation is somewhat weird. Sometimes when I tap, the pointer jumps to other place on screen. Two-finger scrolling is hard to "begin" (just feels odd) and afaik three finger scroll uses workaround that inserts Ctrl+Alt+arrow instead of scroll.
I'd be really grateful for help. If I get everything to work I'd like to compile it all into guide for this laptop for other people to use.
I don't know much about ACPI patching, however I do have some programming background and am willing to learn (it's just that all the topics about DSDT patching are a bit confisung for a newbie).
I have attached my current Clover folder.