Precision M6500 Sierra

griftopia

@Asxetos. Shoot. It's been such a long time. I blundered through Rehabman guide when applying patches. I know it took me 6 evenings of hard work after work and I'm still not sure it's legit.

In any case I have made some progress with 10.13, will post new files in that thread.

@Asxetos. So I started from scratch on the DSDT dumped by Clover. I still can't get past my "instant wake" problem. It is my webcam on second USB hub. Removing _PRW should do the trick as per ACPI specs but it does not.

Here are the steps I applied. Maybe we can compare notes, especially if you are able to sleep yours...

1) PNP patch to fix syntax error

2) HPET (else reboots right after booting into Mac OS)

3) IRQ else USB does not work.

4) config.plist EHCx --> EHxx patches. My DSDT had EHCI instead of EHC1, so I modified patch available in the dropdown to make the adjustments

Now after that I tried taking the USB3 _PRW patches eliminating Series 6 changes before applying (my board is series 5). The patch name says USB3 but it actually also patches EHCx. Whether I do this or not does not make difference.

I really don't think anything else is needed. I applied a slew of patches which did diddly.

I have USBInjectAll and SSDT injector as per Rehabman guide to try and help out my USB hubs, but not sure even that did anything either.

Wakereason in logs had AZAL PBTN LID EH02. For the simple reason of eliminating, I took out _PRW for AZAL, PBTN and LID from DSDT (As an aside, I've renamed AZAL to HDEF using config.plist patch). Needless to say I took out _PRW for EHC2 (becomes EH02 after renaming patch)  as well.

Like I said, I, and my laptop not able to sleep. Wakereason keeps saying EH02 :mad:

Taking care of my M6400 before resuming work on M6500