Dell Latitude E7240 Installing High Sierra

jadam188

Hi Jake, when I enable legacy boot roms the system doesn't boot anymore. So the issue still persists, the screen still has the line effect, the only way I can temporarily resolve the issue is when I close the lid for 3-5 seconds and reopening it then the lines go away until next Reboot when I then need to repeat the same process with the lid. Thank you

Hi Jake, got the usb to boot cheers for the advice however another issue has occurred, upon booting and loading the installer I'm greeted my a page with lines running through. I've attached an image of what I'm seeing.

Hi,

I make my way up to exactly the same point und ran crazy by troubleshooting.

In one situation I managed finally to install Sierra without IntelHD-GFX and activated remotedesktop for further inspections. I "repaired" the gfx patches, logged in from another mac and saw successfully loaded intelhd-kext!? 

The next thing I recognized, was that closing the lid and open it after some seconds to force the screen to sleep, I got a clear desktop :)

Now I stuck with faulty energy savings, missing audio and shutdown crashes - some more things to fix on my side...