[E5450] Fresh install High Sierra and few problems...

mykowhai

I try install Sierra today, and I think it's successful, but I don't know why I have still problem with High Sierra.

Anyway, I leave High Sierra for now, but I need help to fully working Sierra. 

1. I can't change anything with Touchpad. I haven't any option, I don't know why, maybe other kext?

2. Bluetooth not working.

3. When I put PC to Sleep, and when Im open back, speed of internet is horribly slow, help only reboot.

4. Caps Lock is freaky, when Im click, and unclick, after few seconds his a click auto again.

• Moderators

I assume you're using the same files I uploaded for HS?

1) Mouse kexts. I included is a generic kext with simple mouse movement. 

You need to determine what touchpad it has...synaptics, Alps, or Elantech to name a few and install the appropriate kext

2) Does bluetooth show under USB of sys info? 

Did you copy the kexts in /E/C/k/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions, repair permission and rebuild cache?

3) Try different ethernet kexts, I have IntelMausiEthernet added, you could try AppleIntelE1000e.kext

4) Same as #1. Newer kexts has that fix, but no update for that generic kext. With this generic kext, you click twice to lock, twice to unlock.

No, I'm create new USB installer from your guide, with bootpack from Sierra. Im modified DVMT in Bios too.

Im add AppleIntel1000e.kext, and works good. Thanks :)

Bluetooth I have under USB with ID device 0x0a5c. And how to find who produced Touchpad for my Latitude?

• Moderators

If it's same as my E7450 Broadwell system, it'll have an Alps v7

You could try this kext, remove ApplePS2Controller to desktop as backup

I don't use it as it's not very stable for v7, that's why I stick with ApplePS2Controller, where 2 finger scrolling works and tap to drag works too.

After replacing the kexts, you could check the bootlog, it'll display the version of Alps you have. If it's not Alps, you'll get a message that it can't detect your Alps touchpad.