[SOLVED] upgrade/transfer from e6420 to e6430

bobopopo

Hi there,

I would like to thank you a lot  for the effort and time you put to maintain this site. 

Your guidelines are always easy to follow and most of time with a successful install.

I have a Dell latitude e6420 ,Sandy bridge ,intel HD, no UEFI and I was able to install Moutain Lion and then upgrade/transfer it to El Captain . I also have some paid apps like carbon copy and VMware fusion.

I also have a Dell latitude e6430 Ivy bridge ,Optimus. The Dell e6430 is a better computer , has a better UEFI and I was able to install Sierra following frostythesnowman guide for A18 which is an acceptable bios. 

I would like to transfer /upgrade apps, settings and virtual machines I have on e6420 to the Dell e6430 however till now I failed. I have to mention that I can install successfull on both computers El Captain or Sierra without problems with UEFI on both and without UEFI on e6420. I can change from no UEFI to UEFI on e6420 with no problems

The thing is when I try to use migrant assistant  it always go KP after reboot . The error looks like is related to voodoo ps2 controller . I did try to upgrade that but still no success. I did try to first do the migrate assistant on El captain then to upgrade to Sierra but still same problem. I did try to swap the hard drives with no success. The error in the pic is after transfer with migrant assistant and then upgrade to Sierra

Any advice would be appreciate it. 

Best regards,

Bobopopo

IMG_0595.JPG

• Administrators

you probably need to remove the PS2 kext from all locations it might be like S/L/E, E/E, Clover or Extra folder if using chameleon boot loader and also including prelinked kernel and caches hopefully that will get the machine to boot. obviously you will need a usb keyboard and mouse. once you get it to boot then add in the correct ps2 kext. if you are using clover then after following the above you can put the ps2 kext into clover other.