Dell D630 and SL

awdscot

Hi,

hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am a newbie to the Mac OS and I am having difficulty getting it installed on my Dell D630 laptop.

I have a Dell D630 laptop which has a hard disk with Vista installed on it. I want to wipe this and purely run it as a Mac.

In addiiton l have a new retail SL CD and a 500GB usb drive which i hope to use for any boot procedures i have to do.

Please note i do not have any access to a MAC.

So far all i have been able to do is install TransMac on a windows 7 PC and convert my 500GB usb drive into a HFS+ volume. I have then also restored my retail disk to this volume.

After this i am stuck.

How do i use the chameleon bootloader and where exactly do the "extra" packs and "boot" packs need to go to?

Any advice much appreciated?

Please note i am not familiar with the MAC os file system or .pkg files so any instruction i would appreciate if they were detailed.

Andy

Hi,

hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am a newbie to the Mac OS and I am having difficulty getting it installed on my Dell D630 laptop.

I have a Dell D630 laptop which has a hard disk with Vista installed on it. I want to wipe this and purely run it as a Mac.

In addiiton l have a new retail SL CD and a 500GB usb drive which i hope to use for any boot procedures i have to do.

Please note i do not have any access to a MAC.

So far all i have been able to do is install TransMac on a windows 7 PC and convert my 500GB usb drive into a HFS+ volume. I have then also restored my retail disk to this volume.

After this i am stuck.

How do i use the chameleon bootloader and where exactly do the "extra" packs and "boot" packs need to go to?

Any advice much appreciated?

Please note i am not familiar with the MAC os file system or .pkg files so any instruction i would appreciate if they were detailed.

Andy

I also recently began with the installation of the MAC OS X, but I went on long road

I first installed iFail S3 V2 and then made a USB pen bootmac- best to do that whit this ( http://myhack.sojugarden.com/2011/08/myhack-2-0-rc4/), after installing the iFail ,ups you need this customize you find this and you to understand

1. iFail S3 v2 - that has 10.6.3

2. Bootloader - AsereBLN v1.1.9

3. Bootloader Options - 32-bit boot, Graphics Enabler

4. Patches - /Extra directory, fakesmc, Disabler, RTC(32bit), EVO Reboot

5. Drivers - INTEL SATA/IDE

6. SOUND - Voodoo HDA

7. PS/2 - Apple PS/2

8. CPU Power Management - Voodoo P-State

9. Latop Hardware - Battery, Card Reader, TSC Sync, ACPI Thermal (32bit) -select all

10. Network wireless - Broadcom

11. Network wired - Broadcom BCM5755M(32bit)

12. Language Translations - select all ,restart and you here the music, remove notebook from AC power and close the notebook ,let the play song ,after she finish open the laptop and move your mouse you see the desktop alive, registere the date,.......after that you need somewhere on your HDD a Mac OS X retail.dmg and your bootpack (here http://www.osxlatitude.com/supported-models/) open the retail.dmg, insert a USB pen, open the myhack, if she ask a password this it your password when you registere the date, extra folder its your bootpack ,unzip the bootpack somewhere on hdd,after the myhack finish the restore a mac on usb pen she ask a EXTRA folder and you use your extra folder,cameleon you don't need myhack as integrated chameleon, that's all next intuitive. sorry for my bad english. good luck for help look this-

install mac

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Once i found the myhack website i was able to get going a little bit better.

I have now been able to get my hackintosh booting however i find that the network adapter, trackpad and keyboard dont work on my dell d630.

I habe been using the generic extra folder supplied by myhack to get me booting so far however i am guessing that i need to update the kexts in the extra folder to allow trackpad, network etc to work.

I have tried using myhack to install "chameleon and extra" to the os disk and specifying some extra folders that are available through this and other sites but each time when in come to boot i get a message saying in need to reboot and hence i never get it to boot again and i have to re-install.

Can anyone advise the best way to update the kexts without causing my system to stop booting?

Andy

Hi,

ok it tells me it is something to do with the appleintelcpupowermanager. I am going to try and remove the relevant kext however I am not sure how to do this.

I tried booting into the installer and trying to remove it via terminal but im not sure where the kext is located so I am now re-installing and will try to delete the kext before i reboot adter installing the EDP.

Does this make sense?

I think i should be able to delete the kext from the installer terminal so if you could provide advice on this that would be great.

Thanks.

Hi,

ok it tells me it is something to do with the appleintelcpupowermanager. I am going to try and remove the relevant kext however I am not sure how to do this.

I tried booting into the installer and trying to remove it via terminal but im not sure where the kext is located so I am now re-installing and will try to delete the kext before i reboot adter installing the EDP.

Does this make sense?

I think i should be able to delete the kext from the installer terminal so if you could provide advice on this that would be great.

Thanks.

sorry but i not really understand, what you did

I am still learning how this all works but i have been able to to get my system booting by using the instructions http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/ which was good. Once booted i have then been trying to run EDP 1.9.1 which I think is OK.

I have had various issues which i think i am continuing to get over.

My current problem however is shown in the pic attached which i believe is related to the WIFI card.

The main problem is i cannot boot in this situation and i am having to re-install each time to try and get things going. I think i should be able to change things using the terminal which i can access when loading the mac install disk.

Hopefully you can advise.

I am up and going however i have had to disable wifi in the dell d630 BIOS. I now have working keyboard, trackpad etc so i getting there.

I now just want to learn how best to install a kext and then if the system has a kernel panic how i should restore to the state before installing the kext.

• Administrators

Hi...

I use Kext Helper to install individual kext from the gui. It will also save a backup kext in the /Backup directory if there is an existing kext.

I don't think there's any need to re-install each time you have a kernel panic as you'll just need to repair the E/E and S/L/E directories only.

U could use time machine to backup your os x system to an external hard disk and later use the install usb to restore it if necessary

However, before that, you could boot in safemode and use console to delete file that needs deleting, and if you cannot enter safemode there is always the terminal using the installation usb.

Cheers!