ssprod

HP Z1 All-In-1 Graphics Issue

Greetings...Acquired an HP Z1 (Xeon E3-1245/Quadro 1000m) and have installed Sierra 10.12.6 via Clover method. Presently I’m only able to boot to a display w/ nv_disable=1, and have installed the Nvidia web driver. I’ve tried a number of Clover parameters including “inject Nvidia” and “nvda_drv=1, both instances rendering a black screen. . I’ve tried a few different Smbios profiles but am afraid I’m shooting in the dark. Is EDID input required for this GPU, as I have heard that some users have gotten it to work with Sierra. Thanks. 

Thanks Bronx.. In the original post.. Quadro 1000m is my graphics card. There are some users that claim Sierra works with this card and H. Sierra does not.  Thanks again. 

Thanks Bronx, I was missing the nvidiafixup.kext however now, although it does boot with nvda_drv=1, the resulting artifacts make it unusable. Card seems to be recognized correctly, but black squares are created on the display when a folder is moved or opened. Would an EDID injection be appropriate at this point? If so, is there a guide handy? Appreciate your help. 

there are boot flags you can try in the nvidia graphics fixup readme on the link... but that card is also upgradable it looks like it is MXM connection i found a link they tried to upgraded to a GTX980. but i guess you can just get a HS compatible card later down the road.