Latitude 2120 - SL or Lion?

m1sandman

Howdy all,

I have in my possession for a few days a Latitude 2120 netbook (I know its a Latitude only in name, but its a stellar little piece of hardware -- just crippled in the OS department, if you know what I mean).

I've got a Mini 10v that runs SL and ubuntu that i've had since they first were hacked. I like the ruggedness of the 2120 (and the marginally added performance).

Any ideas where to start down the path? Its a GMA3150 chipset from what I understand, and I know all the normal caveats about wifi... here's the info on the dell site: http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-2120/pd?refid=latitude-2120&baynote_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch&isredir=true

Thanks for any thoughts...

M1Sandman

• Administrators

Its very much alike the Chromebook cr48 that i'm messing around with these days.

The bad thing is the graphic card, while you can get full resolution under SL, then (so faar) there is no way to get accelrated graphics.. sadly.. meaning stuff like flash.. youtube.. etc. will be a pain to use :(

I would suggest SL.. google around and see if any other have had any success with that model .. maybe you can find a pre-made package ready to use :)