Always freezing up when I am at the "Installing" screen.

Nathan

I had considered that, but as several authentic Macs have been installed from it I didn't think it likely. If and when I get a chance I'll see if I can get another copy of the DMG too.

Using the 'manual' install process on the one Nvidia laptop it worked (on the non-Nvidia ones it failed - on one it would crash, on the other it would fail to see the drive).

well the only thing common between the 4 machines is the image.... maybe it's corrupted.

The npci was probably one of the things that did the trick. Thanks for that.

(I tried about everything I could find on these forums - many of which were written by you)

I now have 2 laptops working, and 1 which seems to be failing to output video after EDP was run (or thinks it is using an external monitor). I was going to try some solutions I'd seen elsewhere on this forum for that tonight.

the one that failed to see the drive did you try npci=0x2000?

The one with remaining issue is 1440x900 - the others are 1280x800. I'm wondering if thats it.

(They were all updated to the A17 BIOS.)

check to see what bios the working ones are at compared to the nonworking ones. then do a hdd swap and test if the problems persist.... if the problem goes away then clone the working disk to the others.