Jump to content

Stumped on how to get audio on Mojave


spidey123
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, InsanelyDeepak said:

try this, use layout13

AppleALC.kext.zip

Hello my friend thank you for your efforts.  Unfortunately after installing I have the same results.  It's ok though, I'm happy with it. I use headphones most of the time anyways at work.  I'm pretty sure it's the smbios that doesn't allow it to work well, or it could be that my speakers actually broke.  It is an older computer.  It was working on Sierra though just a few days ago.  The most important thing is that it works well, it doesn't freeze up like High Sierra use to.  Battery drains a little quicker again mostly because I chose an Ivy Bridge SMBIOS when i have Sandy Bridge but I also see a boast in speed.  Not a lot but enough to notice a difference.   Anyhow I thank you, Jake Lo and the rest of the community for taking the time to help out. 

 

Thanks again.  

 

P.s. if you have any other suggestions or things that I could try please let me know. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok good idea.  I'll put my linux mint DVD in and try it out tonight.  I dumped my codecs a long time ago. So I will need to re-read how to do that.  But first, i'll check to make sure my speakers actually still work.   I'll send results as soon as I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, InsanelyDeepak said:

first you should check speaker is working in other OS's like windows or Linux 

then i need codec_dump to check why it's not working follow below link 

 

Ok well this might be the issue.  I don't have those entries in Clover Config.  I had them at some point in the past but I must have omitted them at some point.   Maybe I need to update my config?  Anyhow I'll try to work on this tonight when I get home from work.   Just one thing else I forgot to mention.  In this config I forgot to disable the Apple Audio Patches.  They are on my real config.  THis is the last one I got when I built my debug files.  Just in case you were thinking that was the problem.  

 

config.plist.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, spidey123 said:

Ok well this might be the issue.  I don't have those entries in Clover Config.  I had them at some point in the past but I must have omitted them at some point.   Maybe I need to update my config?  Anyhow I'll try to work on this tonight when I get home from work.

 

config.plist.zip

i don't think you need it's require when no audio device detected usually happens when AppleHDA won't load , you already have working input/output partial 

 

if you post codec_dump then i can fix the issue , you must check speaker is working condition in linux  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I have a live dvd or linux mint, booted it and tested my speakers and they work on Linux. 

 

 I tried to run that command to dump the codec onto the linux mint desktop but since I'm running Linux Mint from a DVD I could not create any folders but I did get the two Codec Files from the asound folder.  Hopefully this is all you need

 

codecs.zip  

 

I do have the entire asound folder copied to USB, but in the past those were the only ones I needed.  If you need other files please let me know.  Thanks so much. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...