EDP Issue with Lion install

Darvinko

• Administrators

Hi darvinko,

Can you try log out and then enter your os x with username=root and password="the password that you have set". After that try to access EDP again. I remember I once had problem with leopard installation where I was locked out upon boot up after installation and the username and password I set during installation did not worked.

Cheers!

Syonagar, Thanks for your assistance with my build, I was able to enter EDP through Terminal and correct my issues, and now have a working Lion system. I appreciate all of the help from you and the rest of the community. We have had some family health issues that have kept me away from my "toys", and it was my intention to express my appreciation earlier, but better late than never. Thanks again.

Sorry to barge in on this thread like this!

Hi guys, I found this forum today as I switched my faulty HDD in my d630 before. I have a working Hack on my desktop computer (unifail etc) and today I wanted to install OS X 10.7 on my D630. It's a Intel graphics, non-working wifi, 1280 x 800 and A12 BIOS.

I got it to work, and it booted nicely without my pen stick. Installed the Extra's folder with myHack, rebooted. Later installed EDP pkg, rebooted, went inside the commandtool, installed 3rd option for keyboard/mouse (did it just now the first time, don't remember the names), yes on cpupowermanagement and then the sleepenabler, I also went ahead and put "y" on the speedstep. I did a "mach_kernel -v -f" on boot and the code ends with:

Waiting for DSMOS...

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

and then later

Sound assertion "false == codecFound" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1449 goto handler

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2037 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 !== createAudioEngines (fPpathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit

Sound assertion "false ==me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

now, how do I revert those changes I made with the EDP commandtool, because that made me unable to complete my startup.

EDIT: NVM, did the whole process again without the speedstep feature, and now it's working fine! Tweaking my trackpad atm! Thanks a lot guys for this awesome forum!