bbuontempo

Dell E5420 High Sierra Install

Hi everyone I have a dell e5420, core i3 that I am trying to hackintosh. I think the latest version I can put on it is high Sierra. What guide should I follow and what bootpack do I use? I’m starting from scratch so I’ll probably need the correct bios settings as well 

thanks 

Follow Herve's E6220 guide and BIOS settings. You might have to change the ethernet kext if it's different than an Intel.

There should be some E5420 bootpacks flowing around in the forum too, just use our search facility.

Thank you for the reply. I searched around on the forum and can’t seem to find a boot pack that is confirmed working. Do you have a link to one that is good? Thanks again

What's the display resolution?

What's the internal ethernet?

What's the Wifi device? Intel is not supported!!!

Your Intel Wifi is not supported as expected, replaced with DW1510 for Wifi Only or DW1550 for Wifi / BT combo

Replace files into /EFI/Clover after you have Clover loader installed

E5420_LowRes.zip

Awesome! Thank you so much! I mentioned I wanted to install high Sierra however which version is the max I can go? Can I put Catalina or Mojave?

No, last support for SandyBridge HD 3000 is HS.

That said you could install Catalina but have to resort to using HS graphics files but will still encounters glitches.

I’ll stick with HS then...don’t want any problems lol! Thanks for the reply! I’ll try the install and will message if I encounter any issues