E7450: Framebuffer patching on Intel HD5500 + external DOCK

haagen

Hello guys,

could somebody more skilled help me with my issue please ? 

I have Dell Laptop with Dell Replicator Port Advanced E-Port II. Everything is working perfectly, BUT DP ports on dock station.

I've read some guides about framebuffer patching and how to's, but it didn't really rang the bell.

I'm willing to provide any info needed and I won't be lazy.

These are kexts in C/K/O

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
USBPorts-E7450.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

In attachment I provide iojones file with dock connected (2 DP ports, neither of them works, doesn't matter which port on dock I use...I've even tried to connect just one monitor), dock disconnected (1 internal HDMI port, 1 internal miniDP port - everything works). On the screenshot you can see how it looks in hackintool without the dock connected. In case of dock connected, both monitors connect to Connector ID --> Index1 in hackintool.

I've found this old archived topic, but to me, it wasn't enough, as there wasn't "conclusion" - so it was a dead end for me

What I'm aiming to achieve is, so I don't have to plug and unplug video cables every time I need to take laptop with me - its really inconvenient.

Thank you in advance, I will cooperate as much as I can.

haagen_e7450.zip

• Administrators

I suggest you follow the same principles detailed in my Haswell Azul framebuffer patching which is available in the Graphics forum section. Identify the output ports and patch them with the applicable connector-type.