D830 x3100 woes

goatman

• Administrators

Hi goatman,

May I know what installation source you used to prepare the usb installer? It seems to me that your installation source or x3100 kexts may not be vanilla. I don't believe lion has a retail DVD, only installer app downloaded from app store and installer usb stick purchased from apple store.

Cheers!

Hi goatman,

May I know what installation source you used to prepare the usb installer? It seems to me that your installation source or x3100 kexts may not be vanilla. I don't believe lion has a retail DVD, only installer app downloaded from app store and installer usb stick purchased from apple store.

Cheers!

I downloaded the 10.7.2 dmg image. Then I used MyHack 2.2 with the extra folder from the d630 extra folder. Then I tried the D830 intel kext folder and finally settled on the D830 nvidia extra folder. The D830 nvidia worked the best with the exception of the nvidia stuff in the DSDT. I used the alps 8.99 trackpad kext's which work great. I have tried every dsdt and x3100 kext on the internet with no joy. I am using the nvidia extra folder and have updated to 10.7.3 from apple website. Update went through with no issues. I am using it in 32 bit mode with no x3100 kexts in the S/L/E folder, basic unsupported video.

This is why I have turned to editing the dsdt with my edid info as a last chance thing. But I don't know how to program the dsdt so I'm stuck with copy and paste, which clearly is like shooting in the dark!

As a side note I tried to use Revalver mkIV and the program froze, everything else was not affected.

I also tried SL 10.6 the same way and ran into the same problem. I went with Lion because the problem was the same and would have the same fix.

Hi goatman,

After you updated to 10.7.3, did you try to install EDP 2.2 and chameleon that comes with it again?

Cheers!

No. Nothing changed that I could see. Blank desktop screen with both. I think a custom dsdt with my edid would fix it. I can't find a solution, so I'm giving up. I might be able to sell this laptop a get one more compatible.