Lenovo Thinkpad P1: is Mojave or Catalina possible?

rjjd

Hi there, 

i got my hands on a nice laptop Thinkpad P1 with a XEON E-2176M CPU 2,70 GHz

memory 32GB

HD m.2 SSD  500 GB

Build in Intel UHD Graphics P630. Combined with Nvidia video card  (4K support)

Screen 15” capable for 4K resolution  

Can someone tell me if there is possibility to install Mojave or even better Catalina on this laptop?

Has someone tips for me?

Thanks in advance .

Hi Jake Lo. As promised hereby a update of our progress to install Catalina on my Lenovo P1.

I found on Github a site within a guide for installation of Catalina 10.15.6 with also use of your Lenovo P1 installation files.

State now is:  laptop is booting from a created usb stick ( not without the stick sadly )  How to do this?

Working Full video intel 630 output and acceleration, usb-s  audio , sleep mode, keyboard backlight trackpad, sd-card.

Not working:  i placed a DW 1560 Wifi/Bluetooth card , but bluetooth is not working ( WIFI works ) - any ideas how to install this , do i need some kext or files?

HDMI not working any ideas about this?

Thanks for your support in this.

• Moderators

Install Clover to the installed drive. Mount the EFI partition. Replace all the Clover files from the USB installer.

For Bluetooth, add the following kexts to kexts/Other

• BrcmBluetoothInjector
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3

For HDMI, connect the HDMI model, run this app. Save, compress and attach it for review

BT-Fix.zip

Hi Jake, as requested the IOregistry file of my Lenovo P1

sorry for previous message about kext for Bluetooth. :(

I found your attachment, put the 3 files into folder EFI\OC\kexts, reboot the laptop , but did not work on my laptop.

I created boot stick with OPEN CORE procedure. and not with Clover.

Still message " Bluetooth not available"

greetz

• Moderators

That's good information we need to know. OC is a lot different than Clover. You need to add the kexts' name in specific order in the Config file beside just adding them to the kexts folder.

Please post both the OC folder and the IOReg file since you didn't attach anything above. You need to compress them before attaching.

Hi Jake,  thank you for your quick response and suggestion of your modified plist.

I renamed the original and placed your plist in the folder , reboot laptop but no success

But I think that the problem is a defect wifi card - I am getting in a few weeks a Hackintosh compatible wifi/bluetooth card and then everything will work then. ( I discovered that one of the cable connections on the card is not good....

The wifi on the card works with downloading but failed many times by test of speed upload.

I ordered another one and will be delivered in a few weeks..

Do you have any info/ suggestion about the HDMI connection that does not work? No show stopper but would be nice if this also works.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes after boot of the laptop the sound card is grey out? a reboot and then it is solved

Any comment/suggestion about this? 

Greetz.