EDP 2.2 post install issue

Mr A.

Screen res is 1200*800

Have to admit that even with a straight forward method like yours it becomes long and frustrating for a newbie like me to make a working system when difficulties occur, need to be familiar with codes and programming to sort these things out and I don't fit the profile !

But will keep tying

Will run my fix but how can I know the kexk in extra will fit my system and where can I find new kext ?

@bronxteck .how do I remove a kext ? Just delete it from the folder ? And then run my fix I guess ?

My objective is to use final cut pro x, and I wonder if my old d630 is gonna be ok, I wanted to test Mac os a bit as I only used windows based pcs so far

What do you think?

• Administrators

Dear Mr. A,

I did try and install final cut pro on my D630 Intel GMA X3100 and it ran fine. So your Nvidia will perform much better than mine.

Our method is created so that anyone without much programming or command line experience can use to install os x.

You can remove kexts by just deleting. You can install kext by just copying it but after that you need to repair permissions with myfix. The other option is to use software like Kext Helper, Kext Wizard, etc. that have gui for that.

If you chose the right model from EDP, it should install the correct Extra for your model. You can try different kext for mouse / keyboard among others in the EDP selection menu. Try different ones if the one you select before does not work properly.

After running EDP, make sure you run myfix full mode.

Cheers!

thanks for helping,

the thing is after edp is installed no matter which option, the system is unusable vecause keyboard and mouse dont work, so every timei have to reinstall which is time consuming.

i have run myfix after the edp build but it doesnt help.

where can i find kext forthe internal keyboard and mouse and sigmatel audio? i have looked on internet but no success, can you share some ??

• Administrators

Dear Mr. A,

I have a D630 and the only difference is graphics card. So the EDP should work. Anyway, try this:-

(a) Copy your existing dsdt.aml in /Extra to somewhere save.

(b )Run EDP again but this time select D630 intel and select 1 or yes until finish.

(c )Copy back the dsdt.aml that you stored previously to /Extra

(d) Reboot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f (if this does not work try mach_kernel arch=i386

PciRoot=1 npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=yes -v)

(e) By the way, just to be safe, go to bios first to disable wifi and before proceeding with rebooting

By the way also, sigmatel is intel high definition audio which should work with the sound kext from EDP. As for intel wifi, there are support for it at the moment. So you may want to get a supported broadcom wifi card.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Syonagar

Tried what you said but as I set up edp same thing : freezes and asks for restart in several languages

I restarted using your commands, the lists of Kent loaded indicates the absence or failure of ApplePS2Controller, ApplePS2Keyboard and ApplePS2Mouse ,

it then starts but interal touchpad and keyboard don't work. The USB mouse moves but can't select or click anything

but the sound icon appears in the menu bar as well as the CPU power management thing

What do you thing?

HI syonagar

so.... i have reinstalled a clean Lion, i runed myhack utilities (my hack offered to install it on 'volume/' or on the myhack usb pen, i chose 'volume/' ), i copied the install.sho file to the root of the hard drive as instructed and runed the two command lines in the terminal,

igot a message like 'no such file exist' so i guess edp 3 didnt work then.

also noticed that there was no edp.commandtool in the extra folder, si i am guessing it didnt work because i didnt have edp 2.2 installed prior ?? is that it

anyway i used kext helper to install a VoodooHDA.kext i found somwhere on the forum and it worked !!! sound is fine so far.

the other good news is that my keyboard and usb mouse work as well !! so far no problem. i wonder why it worked this time. may be it is because i disconnected the touchpad from the mother board ?? could it be it ?

anyway no problem with mouse now,

i hope it lasts.

i am surprised it worked this time and i am not installing edp then. i deactivated screen saver and sleep just in case. the display sleep works and wakes ok.

do you think i can use the system like this or do i need some of the kexts usually installed by edp ??

if i do where can i get them??

thanks for your help