Urgent help to install Mac OsX Snow Leopard on Latitue D630

ufuk

• Administrators

Hi Clockwork,

I'm guessing you're trying a USB key installation with MyHack. I have not gone back to that particular method (yet), but it should work like the others. I've succeeded with the 3 following methods:

1) Nawcom ModCD / Retail SL 10.6.3 DVD + EDP 1.9.2

2) Nawcom ModUSB + SL 10.6.3 image on 16Go USB key + EDP 1.9.2 (SL image being copied out to USB key via separate Hackintosh)

3) iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) + Retail SL 10.6.3 DVD + multifail

Methods 1) and 2) are basically the same, it's just a different media base. Method 1) is a bit slower but does not require another Mac to create the USB SL image to load OS from. Installation is very straight forward and completes successfully with pretty much everything working (Intel 1440x900 subsequently require DSDT file to be able to boot SL on LCD screen). I believe that applying OSXL Bootpack to USB key of method 2), followed by DSDT file (for Intel graphics 1440x900) would result in direct success at completion (or maybe with copy of DSDT file to /Extra before reboot).

Method 3) does require to include dedicated DSDT file during Retail OS load at installation. My D630, would not load DVD to installation process without it. But it reaches near success directly (I think I had no Keyboard after installation and had to load VoodooPS2 or ApplePS2 kexts).

Keyboard or mouse freeze is probably due to incorrect kext being used, something I experienced too with MyHack and iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). An external USB keyboard does work at that stage however, so installation can be finalised and kexts addded.

Do give us more details to try and pinpoint the issue (full laptop specs, installation method, OS version being used, etc.).

In the end, it's not that complicated but, as I've found out, it does require a bit of precision and knowledge. It'll never be a dumb Windows-like simple DVD-load installation. We can all regret it, but that's life. More merit to reach success in the end...

I have always found MyHack to be pesky and I never liked it.

Consider using xfail from tonycrapx86 and then install Chameleon and then copy the bootpack from OSXLatitude for your model.