Dell E6530: keyboard and touchpad not working in Big Sur

toanleo

Hello, first I have installed Big Sur according to Dortania's instructions. After fixing the errors, I consulted and took @Hervé (https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8883-dell-latitude-e6230-with-i5-3340mi7-3540m-hd4000-and-1366x768-lcd-el-capitansierrahigh-sierramojavecatalinabig-sur/) DSDT.aml file to add to my EFI and patched HD4000 1600x900 for my device. The functions seem to work quite well, but there are 2 problems that are problematic for me:

1. the keyboard and trackpad I've been looking for and have tried a lot of kext (including Dr.Hurt) but this function still can't work. I don't know if @Hervé DSDT.aml is blocking that functionality since I am new and not code savvy

2. Sleep function works, but when the device wakes up, some functions will fail such as webcam, sometimes the machine hangs Can anyone have a good plan for me. I thank you very much Sorry for English not my language.

Attach my EFI below: https://mega.nz/file/J85FmCrB#NqhR_WXH2jq_jwyfREAu9hyUZUuivIdS9RimYXoCHrw

Specs:

• i5-3320M
  • RAM 8GB
  • HD4000 + NVS5200 
  • 1600x900
  • Wifi DW1520
  • Audio IDT 92HD93BXX
  • touchpad ALPS

• Administrators

I would never recommend nor encourage to use the patched DSDT of the E6230 on an E6530 nVidia. Quite the contrary.

With regards to dead internal-USB devices or freezes upon wake, it's likely to be a consequence of inadequate settings on USB ports definition and associated power + side effect of injecting SSDT tables that may clash with patches present in the E6230 DSDT (EC, PNLF, etc.). I'm myself to post a further refined E6230 OC pack in the next few days, the aim being to get rid of the patched DSDT and use SSDTs only.

I can have a look at your EFI folder & DSDT but I would need you to:

• run on latest BIOS
  • post your extracted raw set of ACPI tables (the thing obtained by pressing [F4] at Clover main menu)