E6420 Variants

Rob_rs2000

Not sure if this has already been discussed so here goes.

I have been installing Lion on my E6420, now working. Something that would of saved me lots of time if I had realised earlier is that all e6420 are not the same!

I have been following guides to fix various issues that I was having with no success, then I realised the problem, the e6420 most threads talk about as an i7 processor,mine is i5, also there is talk of nvidia graphics mine has just HD3000.

So anyway here is the spec of my e6420: Does anyone have this version working well any help you can give with my outstanding issues listed below:

Chipset: Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset

Proc: i5 2540M

Video: Intel HD 3000

Wifi: Broadcom BCM43228 / Dell 1530

issues:

wifi not working

sleep not working

speed stepper not working

• Like 1

Hello Rob, my machine is like yours, I realized the same about it, I almost finish my job installing on Lion 10.7.5, and about:  

wifi not working I bought a Adaptador EDUP N8531, installed with     RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29.dmg
sleep not working, stiil not working
speed stepper not working ?

I`m trying fix in restart, turn off, sleep, SDCard, network, keyboard working Brazilian ABNT2 , I think that`s it.

If someone can help, I appreciate it.

• Moderators

Hello Rob, my machine is like yours, I realized the same about it, I almost finish my job installing on Lion 10.7.5, and about:  

wifi not working I bought a Adaptador EDUP N8531, installed with     RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29.dmg

sleep not working, stiil not working

speed stepper not working ?

I`m trying fix in restart, turn off, sleep, SDCard, network, keyboard working Brazilian ABNT2 , I think that`s it.

If someone can help, I appreciate it.

What is your display resolution?

What do you have in Extra including Extensions?

Did you use myHack method for your build?

Why Lion and not Mavericks?