Dell Precision 5510 - Opencore, left click from trackpad not working correctly & Sleep/Wake issues

Justin Wallis

When i left click (from trackpad, not from external mouse). i7, Big Sur 11.31, EFI from @Jake Lo's guide

When clicking on folder: 

1024697208_ScreenShot2021-05-09at5_22_52PM.thumb.jpeg.cc5b9c06346ce0feece90b970c4c160b.jpeg

When Clicking on dock item:

797432947_ScreenShot2021-05-09at5_25_10PM.thumb.jpeg.c6a4160e5540c22f7c6f814de8cd77a9.jpeg

I also sometimes have trouble waking from sleep, but most of the time it works.  Some of the time it is supposed to be asleep for hours, and the bottom it is still hot to touch.

Everything else seems to be working though!!!

Specifically, I close the laptop and put it to sleep, and 6+ hrs later, or days, the laptop is hot to touch, then i open it and this is what i get (blank screen, pictured) and no matter what button i press, I tried brightness buttons.  Just checked, and It looks like the vents are free of dust also.   

Also, if i turn on "Tap to Click" in trackpad gesture settings, i get my left click back!!  I'm used to clicking instead of tapping, It's weird, but, i'll take it!!

I got a 2TB M.2 (209$) and installed 36GB of ram! i'm impressed with the speed and other benefits (usb-c, larger screen, secondary hard drive) compared to my E7450, which is still great. 

IMG_5613.JPG

I will try the OC 0.6.8 vers you uploaded  and see what happens, i was using 0.6.6

So, i'm having trouble dragging something. the "tap to click" works for selecting or opening something though. All the gestures seem to work, i just don't know why i can't left click with the trackpad. I don't know what button is even pressing when i do click the trackpad, it seems like it is replaced with spacebar. Within many apps, the left click seems to work, but not with finder. is it a USBMapping issue? i have never done anything with hackintool besides permissions fix's.

I also just updated to your 0.6.8 upload, will let you know if i still experience sleep/wake issue

I can't see myself going back to E7450 with the speed of the 5510