Dell D830 Nvidia 135m ML

welp

Hey Guys,

I just made a unifail usb stick with mountain lion on it. I am able to get everything installed, but when ever the os tries to boot ( I see a white screen with an apple in the middle) i get a box with an x in it.

I have tried some of the switches but I am not sure what I am missing.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Administrators

Dear Danelly,

You should give our installation method above a try.. Its easier to assist you troubleshooting if we are talking at the same wavelength biggrin.gif

Can you boot with mach_kernel -v -f in chameleon and let us know where it hangs.

Cheers!

Dear Danelly,

You should give our installation method above a try.. Its easier to assist you troubleshooting if we are talking at the same wavelength biggrin.gif

Can you boot with mach_kernel -v -f in chameleon and let us know where it hangs.

Cheers!

Per your suggestion I have walked thru the guide and I am up and running!!!

I only have 2 problems.

1. The scroll on the track pad doesn't seem to be working.

2. Unable to log into the app store.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have the same computer but with a Quadro NVS 140m. I followed your guide and I was able to install MacOS but I am not able to get it to boot. When I use the USB drive to boot the harddrive, it seems to lock up at [PCI Configuration Begin]

Should I reinstall and try again? Not sure why it doesn't want to boot from the harddrive without using the USB drive.

EDITED

I reinstalled and was able to boot now! :D