Dual external monitors on E6520

Igashu

I am now able to get shutdown to work, DVI, and HDMI-to-DVI outputs. VGA works as well. However, I think there must be a limitation within the NVS 4200M which does not allow for 2 external monitors to work simultaneously. I can disconnect one and the other will light up instantly but getting them both is a no-no. I would be anxious to know whether anybody running this graphics card was able to get 2 external monitors going.

I am very pleased to state that after 3 weekends of tinkering around with NVCAP "crap", device ID injections, DSDT editing, a wide range of kexts, and of course countless KP's and TMB restores, I FINALLY got 2 external monitors to work! Unfortunately I cannot say whether the solution would have worked all along because I did not try it until today.

Being aware that the DVI from the E-port always worked, and an HDMI-DVI cable from the e6520 to the same monitor worked as well, it finally occurred to me to try to connect the docked e6520 to both the DVI monitor and an HD TV simultaneously via an HDMI cable and there it was... a beautiful extended desktop. So now I need to get me a second "digital" monitor and I will be all set.

;)  :D  :D

I can answer simple questions and also share files because I am still new to the OS X world (I'm a full time Windows enterprise architect) and still learning the inner working of a Hackintosh. But let it be known that the NVS 4200M can support 2 digital external monitors. It would be nice if I could get VGA and DVI working together simultaneously but that's OK, monitors are cheap nowadays.

Update: Got a second monitor today with a DVI input and now I have dual monitors running with an extended desktop. One running off the DVI while the other is running of an HDMI-DVI cable.

That sounds a great solution. I will try it. Thank you. I have a E6500 and can't get dual screen working on the docking as well.

Would you please share the change in the aml file since I can't direct use your aml file

FireFire,

Sorry, I just noticed your question today. It's been a while since you asked so have you managed to get dual display working on your E6500? What type of E-port do you have? Some come with DVI+VGA and others have DVI+DVI. Mine is the VGA+DVI model and on the E6520, I can get both ports to output video. Some people have the other model.