Want to try a D620 this week.

scott0482

apparently a combo update is the update from Apple.. do you want me to reinstall 10.6.8 or do i install an earlier one that i know worked? the 10.6.3 is 768mb. 10.6.8 is 1.09 gb.

would these be on my computer somewhere, maybe in a temp folder or something? ( i did run onyx though, and it may have cleared out any temp files )

i found 1 blank cd. so i want to use it wisely.

i tried plugging the laptop into my router with an ethernet cable and apparently that doesn't work either. i tried a static ip, etc..

what if i just install EDP 1.9 ?

ok..

why doesn't a cd, or usb work when i put it in this computer?

fat32 usb should work, right?

i burned the edp to a cd too, doesn't show up. the computer knows a cd is in there.. it doesn't show up in finder.

so, i even realized that one of my usb drives is a bootable knoppix drive.. so i booted from that, and i can't find the hard drive in the laptop..

i am trying the "fix file permissions" in osx..

i pulled the hard drive, put it in my usb -> sata dock, installed macdrive on my computer, copied the 1.9 edp onto the drive, put the drive back, ran edp 1.9 (which was very nice btw, did a lot more than previous versions) but still no wifi..

i have no idea how to delete hardware on a mac. the equivalent of device manager in windows??

now that i have my dock and macdrive, i can download anything, pull the drive, copy it onto it, and go from there..

so do i need to re-download osx 10.6.8, and re-run that?

i am an idiot!.. click on airport and click the - sign.... well.. i just deleted all my network devices.

my computer is still slow.. i fixed permissions a few times. it still doesn't show the battery indicator, or mount drives when i plug them in..

i am going to disable apple update when i get this working

or putting windows 7 on it..

for now i give up.

i removed my wireless card

i downloaded 10.6.8 and reinstalled it

restarted computer

then i re-ran EDP 1.9

i ran file permissions repair

restarted computer

re-added apple airport.

no love..

• Replies 20