Just a few random questions about Apple stuff mostly..

scott0482

My iPhone is on 3.1.2 with Spirit JB

Does anyone know the best way to go about getting it up to 4.x and Jailbroken?

I will get it all synced up to my soon to be OSX Dell D620. Upgrade then sync it back I guess.

Also, does anyone know how to backup all the data, or most of the data on an iPhone? 3rd party software?

Last question there is a g4 mac on the floor next to me. I believe it is called a Quicksilver, looks like this: http://www.applematters.com/assets/images/uploads/old/products/cache/Apple-ppc-G4-2003_300x360.jpg

Can I get a $30 Snow Leopard cd and install it on that mac, or is it too old, non-intel, etc.. what can I put on it?

I can answer the last question... Snow Leopard cannot run on a PowerPC computer. That G4 is, unfortunately, a PowerPC computer. So I'm afraid you're stuck with Leopard on that one. Unless you want to try some PowerPC distro of Linux.

As for the iPhone... Not my area of expertise. It should upgrade to the official 4.whatever when you connect it to iTunes.

My iPhone is on 3.1.2 with Spirit JB

Does anyone know the best way to go about getting it up to 4.x and Jailbroken?

I will get it all synced up to my soon to be OSX Dell D620. Upgrade then sync it back I guess.

Also, does anyone know how to backup all the data, or most of the data on an iPhone? 3rd party software?

Last question there is a g4 mac on the floor next to me. I believe it is called a Quicksilver, looks like this: http://www.applematt...003_300x360.jpg

Can I get a $30 Snow Leopard cd and install it on that mac, or is it too old, non-intel, etc.. what can I put on it?

The latest GreenP0ison will JB iphone 3gs ios 4.02 but you'll have to use your hackintosh to run it since it's x86 code only.

i went to the greenp0ison website and it showed linux, mac, windows.

i have no issues with using my hackintosh to jailbreak

i think there were some other issues with 4.x that made me not want to do it.. but its been out long enough that i am sure everything is ironed out by now.