Install of mac os 10.7.5 help

Chazor

i have a dell latitude d620 with gma 945, intel core 2, 2 gb ram

i have the istall usb all set up

but when it boots into chameleon v2.1 and hit boot it always goes throught and says

unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist

or it gets stuck at the first part

mig_table_max_displ =73

please help or tell me what im doing wrong

after reading some of the other topics i think im in trouble i cant even get to the install plus i have no mac or hackintosh avalible to me

:/ this really isnt mac noob friendly lol

also i have a second laptop witch it an hp with 4gb ram and a tb hdd so i have no issues setting up a virtual machine but i know vm ware no longer supports mac os :( trying to find another vitual machine prog that will do the job

Hi, how did you install Lion on that D620?

Try and boot with -x -v -f parameters to see if you can go through.

never gets to the installing step

other than that im not sure

again im a noob when it comes to all this i know my way around windows blindfolded and am learning linux but i have no idea what your asking me to try O.o

i think its best for me to start from cratch? that way anything ive f`ed up with my noobines will be wiped clean?

• Administrators

Our method is to create a USB installer key (with myHack) and add the model-specific bootpack. You need to start by that but it requires access to an existing Mac or Hackintosh. Basically, follow the EDP procedure detailed in the top menu of the form/web site.

For Lion, make sure you install a retail version lower than 10.7.4 (eg: 10.7 or 10.7.2) to avoid installation problems.

Our method is to create a USB installer key (with myHack) and add the model-specific bootpack. You need to start by that but it requires access to an existing Mac or Hackintosh. Basically, follow the EDP procedure detailed in the top menu of the form/web site.

Im open to try anything, open mined so to speak. so can i do that in vm?

By all means, do try, but we've had quite a lot of people reporting problems with VM.

unless i can find someone that has the usb files ready to go in a .raw file for my par build i think thats my only option or unless there is some other way but i cant think of a way of using a mac without.. using.. a mac.. that would be awsome lmao

• Administrators

Basically, you're asking if can OS X be installed straight away on a PC (it's a recurring question...).

1. distros will somehow support this, but distros are bad: it's piracy, it's not often clean, you'll have no support for this here. In other words, you're on your own with distros...
  2. Nawcom BootCD basically offers a bootable CD to install Snow Leopard off a retail DVD or USB key, running legacy kernel. I started with that during my very early days of Hackintoshing when SL was the current version of OS X... I can be used as a temp platform from which to create a myHack USB installer.
  3. other ways that you'll find elsewhere and for which Google is your friend.

For OSXL EDP-based procedure, you need a legitimate copy of OS X and access to an existing Mac or Hackintosh to start with...