Dell Latitude E5440: macOS Sonoma project

Andres Galeano

Hello friends, how are you? I am venturing into sonoma and the truth is that we have been able to solve the problems that arose in Ventura as shutdowns and reboots problems such as crach in the back posts. At this moment the only thing missing for sonoma to be working at 100% is to activate the graphics acceleration I tried to patch with open core legacy patcher but I have not succeeded because it gets stuck in the loading bar of the apple and from there it does not pass. The wifi is working only with the HELIPORT app.

I attach my EFI folder if you want to take a look at the moment I am working in a dualboot so you will probably see the microsoft folder inside.

EFI Folder

IOReg:

MacBook Pro Sonoma.ioreg

I leave screenshots

20230612125217.png

• Administrators

-> Moved to section dedicated to Sonoma beta... Please post all future Sonoma pre-1st release matters in this section.

With regards to systems older than Skylake that require specific patching to re-instate dropped features/abandoned hardware (eg: pre-Kaby Lake graphics, Broadcom wireless), please note that, at the time of writing, there is no version of OCLP developed for Sonoma yet. This takes time so wait until the suitable announcement is made.

Of course, Apple having only released the 1st beta, there is a lot more than "one thing" to work out to obtain 100% working systems, whether Hackintosh or not. For instance, this time, the list of dropped features/abandonned hardware extends to Broadom wireless and there are software bugs too (eg: sleep, clock settings, etc.).