D630 Lion install help

GameShine123

Hello all!

I tried everything I could with my d630, but I can't boot the OSX Lion USB that I've created. Here's what I did:

1. I erased the USB to Mac OSX extended (journaled)

2. I started myHack, went to my Lion.app and installed it on the usb.

3. I extracted the bootpack for my Dell d630 with Intel Graphics x3100, copied the extra folder to the USB.

4. I booted the USB and selected the USB with -v

But immediately after that, it gives me a kernel panic.

My specs:

Dell Latitude D630

4 GB RAM

Intel x3100 (I don't know how to check whether I have the 1280x800 version or something else)

Intel Core 2 Duo

I don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone help me out?

GameShine

• Administrators

Instead of using Lion.app, try and use the 'InstallESD.dmg' image found inside Lion.app.

Afterwards, re-run myHack and select 'Create Extra' to copy the boot pack to your USB installer. When asked for the bootpack, select your own, not the generic one and point to your downloaded bootpack.

Go into the BIOS to check your screen resolution, it's indicated in one of the 1st info pages. It's important to choose the right bootpack or you could get black screen issues.

Then reboot off USB installer to proceed with Lion installation and add option 'USBBusFix=No' before or after your '-v' flag. Which version are you loading by the way?

Instead of using Lion.app, try and use the 'InstallESD.dmg' image found inside Lion.app.

Afterwards, re-run myHack and select 'Create Extra' to copy the boot pack to your USB installer. When asked for the bootpack, select your own, not the generic one and point to your downloaded bootpack.

Go into the BIOS to check your screen resolution, it's indicated in one of the 1st info pages. It's important to choose the right bootpack or you could get black screen issues.

Then reboot off USB installer to proceed with Lion installation and add option 'USBBusFix=No' before or after your '-v' flag. Which version are you loading by the way?

Never mind, I forgot to disable the wifi adapter in the bios settings. Sorry and thanks, everyone!

GameShine :D