E7440 touchscreen help

Davebo
Go to solution Solved by Davebo,

Anyone help I have Monterey installed on e7440 working great Wi-Fi Bluetooth iMessage all good using Jake’s files and install instructions, except for touchscreen that I think is elan usb, if I add voodoo2c and voodoo2chid the touchscreen works great but it kills all my usb ports and Bluetooth, they still show in system info but don’t function, tried mapping usb ports in different ways but no joy, remove the 2 Kexts and Bluetooth and usb works again, any help greatly appreciated 

• Administrators

You can check the type of touchscreen in IOReg or in SysInfo->Hardware->USB.

Here are the details of the Atmel USB touchscreen fitted to my Skylake E7270. Since Big Sur, in which Apple dropped support for old USB hardware, the USB HID fix/patch is necessary for the touchscreen to work (touchscreen worked OOB in previous macOS versions up to Catalina).

E7270_Touschscreen.jpg

Details of the USB HID patch are readily available on the Net and I copied them in my E7270 guide here. Depending on the type of touchscreen fitted to the E7440, this may not be applicable of course.

I’m using opencore have I done this correctly? With the patch in place if I touch the screen the mouse pointer disappears but does not have any input if that makes sense? I tried with the string and the 2 Kent’s  previously mentioned and I get full touchscreen response but still kills usb and Bluetooth 

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

• Solution

Ok I’m a mechanic and not great with computers I was using proper tree to add kexts, it was putting them in the wrong order I rearranged them and it’s working, so dell e7440 touchscreen needs voodoo2c and voodoo2chid put them at the end manually not with proper tree, thanks for the help

• Like 1