Optiplex 7040 MT Sonoma HD530 7Mb

kenux

Hello, I installed Macos sonoma 14.6.1 on Optiplex 7040(i7-6700) PC. I seleceted iMac19,1 as the SMBIOS model, but the HD Graphics 530 is 7MB. The AAPL,ig-platform-id seted up 00001259.

Thank you

Ken

EFI.zip

• Administrators

Hello, your graphics settings are inadequate.

iGPU_settings_inadequate.jpg

You need to fully fake KBL graphics to have any hope of graphics acceleration in Sonoma. Injecting a KBL framzbuffer layout is one thing, you also need to fake a KBL iGPU device id. Try these settings instead:

AAPL,ig-platform-id        00001259        DATA
device-id                  12590000        DATA
framebuffer-patch-enable          1        NUMBER
framebuffer-fbmem          00003001        DATA
framebuffer-stolemem       00009000        DATA
framebuffer-con1-enable           1        NUMBER
framebuffer-con1-type      00080000        DATA

If that does not provide you with graphic acceleration, experiment with the various KBL frame buffer layout ids and iGPU device ids as documented in the WEG User Manual. Make sure you use the latest version of Whatevergreen kext.

Hello Hervé, Thank you for your reply. According to your parameter configuration, after restarting the computer, the black screen did not displaythank you for your reply.

• Administrators

No support for SKL graphics in Sonoma so no point in trying/using framebuffer 0x19120000. That's dead in the water...

The thing is that Desktop HD530 tends to be difficult to get properly supported in macOS. You may have to experiment with other KBL framebuffer layouts/device ids. You got the link for the Whatevergreen user manual. Alternatively a cheap AMD RX560 or WX4100 graphics card (< $100/£100/100€) will work OOB.