Compaq Presario 2500 - supported in OS X?

I recently decided to fix my Presario 2500, as I wanted to use it as a machine for early windows+dos games, however just for fun, I'd like to do an old OS X hackintosh on it. I believe the CPU should be supported up to Leopard, but I can't find much info on the GPU. One thread said they got full resolution in Tiger (no info about QE/CI however), and one said it's sister card (iirc same thing but with worse shaders) didn't get QE/CI in Leopard. Does anyone here know if it's supported?

Basic specs: Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (Northwood), ATI Radeon IGP 345M, 128GB SanDisk Extreme MicroSD (connected via sd to ide adapter)

• Administrators

Answers available in our Hardware Technical Information section. Do search the forum/consult these sections before posting.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/2998-platforms-compatibility-requirements-for-os-xmacos

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8238-supportedunsupported-gpus-graphics-cards

Not really worth the effort and time you'll have to put in it but if you really want to try and install one of those totally obsolete OS X versions (with which you won't do much) on your P4 dinosaur, the best you can hope for is Leopard. Don't expect much support if you require assistance, Tiger and Leopard are just too old and you'll have trouble finding people who know about it now.

I very much doubt that your 22 years old AGP Rage6 ATI Radeon 345M will be supported but you never know... You can always check the device ids of the oldest supported ATI/AMD platforms in the relevant drivers of Leopard combo update to begin with. I expect it would be old ATIRadeon.kext. Your GPU id should be 1002:4337. You may also consult everymac.com and look for very ancient pre-Intel Apple Mac computers that may have been fitted with GPUs of that generation/family/architecture and the latest OS X version that supports them (probably Tiger 10.4.11) but know that the oldest 2006 Intel MacBook/MacBook Pro/iMac were fitted with Intel GMA950 and ATI X1600 GPUs.