Compaq Presario SR5310F: White square after verbose on Lion

Lost-Entrepreneur439

• Administrators

I'd say the bootpack is totally inadequate for old Lion. I suggest/recommend you look up old threads with bootpacks for old and obsolete GMA950 computers.

I doubt lilu & its PlugIns are of any use in Lion for old GMA950 graphics. SSDT-EC, that's for Catalina & later...

Lion needs replacement of AppleACPIPlatform kext by that of Snow Leopard's origin or you'll get a KP. I expect you'll also need the patched AppleRTC kext and you may need the patch Intel (GMA) framebuffer kext to fix a brightness issue that used to affect most GMA950 Hacks.

Lion need to boot in 32bit kernel mode or you won't have graphics acceleration but you know that and did setup OC in i386 kernel mode.

I'd forget OpenCore and use good old Chameleon with myHack tool to make your USB installer. You're the one who published a version that was modified to run on macOS versions.

Put an old AMD HD2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series or nVidia Tesla series PCIe graphics card in this old desktop and you should be able to run OS X El Capitan. You may not do much with El Capitan but you sure won't do anything with Lion which is totally deprecated/obsolete.

I prefer building my EFIs myself, so I'd rather use my own EFI. I know i probably should switch to an older bootloader like Clover or Chameleon but I can't find any good guides for them.

I do have a spare Radeon 2400 PRO laying around, and I did try it, but I couldn't get any form of acceleration in either El Capitan or Snow Leopard.