CoolBook Controller weirdness

Chris Thomson

Hi There

Has anyone else got CoolBook Controller working on their Dxx0? I have had the full version for a while now and downloaded the updated version earlier in the week. Since upgrading to the new version (v2.22) the frequencies have all been showing as 0Mhz for both Adapter and Battery. When Coolbook Controller starts up I get the warning message saying that the default frequencies and voltages.

I've tried re-installing the software but it makes no difference. I've also tried deleting the preference files for Coolbook. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what else I can try?

Chris

I have found the cause of the problem, basically the </dict> tag was missing from the com.apple.boot.plist in the /Extra folder. I don't know if perhaps the error in the file has come from the last version of EDP 1.5 and the EDP 1.6 package. Anyhow, I've added the missing tag and found that Coolbook Controller is now working correctly.

Chris

Hi

I have pasted the code from my corrected /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist file below. If you scan through it you will see the opening <dict> tag on the 4th line, there should be a corresponding closing tag i.e. </dict> before the </plist> tag. For some reason the </dict> tag was missing from the code in my /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist file - this seemed to happen after I updated to EDP 1.5RC6 (i think) and didn't go away when I installed EDP 1.6.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EHCIacquire</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<string>Yes</string>