Audio Help for D620

rayray88

is that one of your backups that had voodoohda in s/l/e... it's worth a look ;)

Thanks for the thought. I checked and there's nothing in s/l/e. The image that I restored too was once I created right after I did a clean install of OS X. So it's a like a virgin copy ;p I'll keep trying things as I read up more about it. But I tried a version of EDP from here and it gave me the option install an audio kext. Is that present in the version of EDP that's posted in the Wiki? I don't remember seeing that option when running through the options. Using the previously mentioned EDP package didn't help my audio either but I'm curious as to where it went.

Also just as a side note I updated to 10.6.6 without any problems, I didn't update Airport Utility to keep my wireless working. Thanks for all you guys do. It greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

go to Extra/Models/D620-nvidia/Extensions and see if VoodooHDA.kext is in that folder... if not then copy and paste the one from D620-Intel folder to the file path above into the folder and run EDPTool.command again... In 1.5 Your models audio might have accidentally got left out.. :(

I checked all the folders and under the D620-nvida parent folder. The VoodooHDA.kext was there I replaced it with the one from the D620-intel folder and rebuilt my kexts still no luck. This is weird. i'm also download the premade image that is posted in the wiki so we'll see how that goes. I also remember seeing a VoodooHDA prefpane somewhere but can't find at the moment. I'll try to look for it and install it and see if it helps.

So after exhausting every option. I finally took a break (also because I was busy this week) and let it sit for a day. Then last night when I turned it on, all of a sudden the sound started working. I hit the volume buttons up and down and it works! I don't what happened but I'm not going to complain. Thanks Bronxteck for all your help and for everybody else that helps out with the osx86 scene it's always greatly appreciated.