D620 Port Replicator

JBC2005

Ok. A little more info:

When booting with the lid closed, I get the aforementioned blue screen. Letting the system sit idle for 1 minute puts the laptop to sleep. Waking it up results in a black screen.Could this behaviour have something to do with sleepenabler? Is there a way to disable sleep mode on a D620 so I could test this out?

probably in power saving prefpane.

I thought of that, too. But I have sleep set to Never on both System and Display. But when I close the lid while running OSX, it still goes to sleep. I know in Windows, you can set different actions to perform when closing the lid, or pushing the power button, etc. I can't find anything equivalent in MAC OS. I also thought there might be a BIOS setting that would allow me to prevent the system from entering sleep mode, but there doesn't appear to be anything there, either.

I think I'll just have to run the laptop with the lid open enough to boot properly and hope my cats won't be tempted to go to sleep on it!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I love this forum!

P.S. : Bronxteck, I love that avatar! I've been tempted to do the same thing on more than one occasion!