E6220 - Mountain Lion Extreme slow boot speeds.

dgccr

• Moderators

Thanks for the info, I am very technical savvy and actually work for a software company so once I start learning the ins and outs of building Mac on non standard equipement it starts to make sense... So thanks a bunch!!!  So are you saying to enable all those settings like DROP SSDT / C2 / C3 state?

Im just running on a build from the docs on here using my hack, the bootpack and EDP.

Thanks,

BTW this thing is running so much better now, Instant off and boots in 20 seconds, working on volume issue now. It chirps the alerts when I put volume up or down but volume stays the same no matter where the slider is ( full blast ).

I'm assuming you're using VoodooHDA. Go to Extra/Extension, right click on VoodooHDA, select Show Package Contents. Open Contents, open info.plist with  TextEdit. Look for the following and change it to true and save the file, enter password when prompt. Re-run myfix/full to update permission and kext cache. Reboot system.

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
<true/>

I'm assuming you're using VoodooHDA. Go to Extra/Extension, right click on VoodooHDA, select Show Package Contents. Open Contents, open info.plist with  TextEdit. Look for the following and change it to true and save the file, enter password when prompt. Re-run myfix/full to update permission and kext cache. Reboot system.

<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
<true/>

VOLUME = FIXED You guys are awesome, THANKS So much.. This machine is pretty much running flawless now with the help of this forum.   :D